Sunday, May 1, 2011

May's Designer Crafts Blog Hop


Can you believe it is already May 2nd, where oh where has this year gone?  For today's Blog Hop we had the choice of creating something special that takes place in May, I chose to create this Mother's Day wall hanging (sorry Mom the entire blog world is seeing your present before you get it, love you) as my special project. I started by using the wonderful postcard kits from Crafty Secrets, it was just perfect for what I wanted to create. I trimmed the paper and adhered it to the chipboard piece using Zip Dry by Beacon Adhesives. Sanded and inked the edges and added Glitter Glue by Cosmic Shimmer, a UK based product....love it, to my roses to add just a little shimmer and depth to the wall hanging. To make my wall hanging a little more vintage because that's what my mom loves I added some vintage trim with White Pearls from Want2Scrap.
I took some seem binding that I had sprayed with Glimmer Mist and dried with my heat tool to create custom crinkle ribbon, just the perfect color for my wall hanging. I stamped that back of the wall hanging to make it look like a vintage postcard, addressed it to my mother and air brushed with a soft pink using my Copic Markers, added a little chip board postage stamp to top it off.

On the front of the wall hanging I added 2 crystal stick pins from Maya Roads and 2 pearl top pins that I just bought at a local store. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and if you click the Designer Crafts forward or backward button on my sidebar you can go directly to the next person blog.

PS. Mom, I hope you like your Vintage Wall hanging because I made it with lots of Love!!! Happy Mother's Day, I miss you!!! Love Terre

12 comments:

bethann said...

so so so beautiful. you make me want to make on just like it.

Cindy Rippe said...

Love the colors, ribbons, trim, beads,....everything!

Unknown said...

just lovely!!

Marge said...

This is a truly gorgeous keepsake, Terre, and I know your Mom will LOVE it!!!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I LOVE this! My cone would pair well with this! The pearls on the front really compliment it well.

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

Sweet! It would fit in my living room perfectly.

Deb said...

SO beautiful! It is soft, elegant and absolutely perfect for Mother's Day!

Julie McGuffee said...

this is just gorgeous! Can I be your mum.....LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Any mother would be proud to have this in their home! Love the way you crinkled the ribbon. Thank you for sharing your project!

Wishing You Creativity,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful!! Terre you know I love anything vintage!! You did a Fabulous job of your Mother's Day Wall Hanging!! It is SO pretty!! Love the ribbon, sparkle and trinket pins!!

Bonnie said...

This is so beautiful. I love vintage and I love everything about it. The color, the ribbon, the pearls, the shape....what't not to love?
Bonnie G

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this purse card. I like the vintage look.