Friday, December 3, 2010

First Annual Scrap-mart.com Blog Hop

Welcome to the First Annual Scrap-Mart.com Blog Hop! If you are just joining in please go to the Scrap-Mart blog to start from the beginning. There are 31 blogs participating in the hop and you will find some great prizes along the way. You must comment on THAT blog post to be eligible to win that prize. There are also some Grand Prizes posted on the Scrap-Mart blog. You must comment on EVERY blog throughout the hop to be eligible for the Grand Prizes. Comments will remain open until midnight CST on Sunday, December 5th. Winners will be chosen at random for each individual prize and will be announced on the Scrap-Mart blog on Friday, December 10th. You may only win once. We'd like to thank our sponsors for generously donating all the prizes for this hop: Making Memories, Spellbinders, JustRite Stampers, Sizzix, Heartfelt Creations, Lifestyle Crafts, The Stamps of Life, Boss Kut, Unity Stamps, October Afternoon, Copic, Silhouette America.



Today I wanted to share this Victorian Christmas wall hanging with you, I love creating things using cardboard, I sprtized the cardboard with Smooch Spritz from Clearsnaps. Using Spellbinders S4-286 2010 Snowflake Pendant I cut out my snowflake pendant and covered it with diamond glitter and red rhinestones from My Minds Eye. I stamped the snowflake from JustRite Stampers JB-09795 Whimsical Christmas. Sorry for the yellow and red crayon scribbles my little 2 1/2 year old was joining in on the blog hop too, thanks Leahandra for helping mommy.




I cut out a vintage scene from Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps and adhered it to my cardboard banner, inked all the sides with Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk from Clearsnaps.




Finished the banner off with some velvet crinkle ribbon and buttons from my stash.

Make sure to visit the other talented designers blogs, leave a comment on each of our blogs because there are some wonderful prizes to be won. Thank you for visiting my blog today and Happy Holidays. Hugs Terre
Scrap-Mart http://scrapmart.squarespace.com/
Sharon Harnist http://www.paperfections.typepad.com/
Boss Kut http://www.bosskutgazelle.blogspot.com/
Gini Cagle http://www.ginicagle.blogspot.com/
Debbie Seyer http://www.debbieseyer.com/
Eva Dobilas http://www.evafromca.blogspot.com/
Debbie Olson http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/muse_and_amuse/
October Afternoon http://octoberafternoon.typepad.com/
Maren Benedict http://www.zanynotcrazy.com/
Terre Fry http://terresscraptherapy.blogspot.com/
Lisa Somerville http://www.lisasomerville.com/
Jenn Lynn http://www.jennsscrapbooknook.com/
Sizzix http://www.sizzixblog.blogspot.com/
Stephanie Barnard http://www.stephaniebarnard.blogspot.com/
Mindy Miller http://www.mysecretheart.typepad.com/
Karen Maldanado http://reallifeinpictures.blogspot.com/
Anita Hovey http://www.hoveyhut.blogspot.com/
Bev Gerard http://savorthejourney.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/
Stephanie Kraft http://handkraftedbystephanie.blogspot.com/
Clare Curcio http://www.queenteacuppapertreasures.blogspot.com/
Laurel Seabrook http://www.want2scrap.blogspot.com/
Kristina http://www.reflectionsofahappycrafter.blogspot.com/
Olga Jewell http://www.craftieodamae.blogspot.com/
Katie Piotrowski http://www.katiepiotrowski.blogspot.com/
Angela Barkhouse http://www.snippetsofpaper.blogspot.com/
Dee Jackson http://www.stampincuziluv2.typepad.com/stampincuziluv2/page/2/
Angelica Turner http://bellisimavida.blogspot.com/
Karen Walker http://www.kbwalker.blogs.com/
Rosemary Dennis http://heythererosigrl.blogspot.com/
Sihouette http://silhouettemachine.blogspot.com/


500 comments:

1 – 200 of 500   Newer›   Newest»
Lori said...

Very pretty tag...it reminds me of the vintage tags I'll see at the biltmore house when we go visit for the holidays.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, love the vintage look!

Katie said...

Terre, your wall hanging is beautiful!!! I love the shimmer on the snowflake and the crinkled velvet ribbon!! Great detail! Thanks so much for joining us on our very first blog hop!

Cassie said...

That is a very pretty, vintage project, Terre. The crinkle ribbon is divine :D

mareda said...

Love your Victorian Christmas wall hanging. the ribbon accent is beautiful.

Jennine Chambers said...

very beautiful! the vintage look is great!

Mallika said...

aww ! such a nice hanging !
pretty color n loved de holiday effect
hugs
mallika
in de hop !
http://missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So elegant! Love the colors and the beautiful velvet ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Love that vintage look, you nailed it, just beautiful, thank you for sharing. jman4@comcast.net

Dandi93 said...

what a pretty banner, love the vintage feel and the yummy ribbon

Brenda said...

Great tag. Love that velvet ribbon!

Shirley said...

gorgeous!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a gorgeous vintage look!

Stampin' Dymonz said...

Very nice wall hanging! Love the vintage!

Carrie Zrodlowski said...

Great wall hanging I just love victorian.

emerzim said...

Love Victorian Christmas stuff!

Ashley Harris said...

So fun Terre!! What a great project!

Brett said...

Love the snowflake!

Tiffany Heilman said...

wow that is beautiful.

Joanna said...

Beautiful banner Terre! I can see a whole series done as a garland!

CaryManda said...

fantastic!!! love it!

MCC said...

That is so pretty! I love the ribbon!

Meadowlark said...

snicker snicker - actually I LOVE the crayon marks. Almost everything I own has those on them!!!

Tracy Pea said...

I love all things vintage! These are beautiful!

Terry said...

Love the images you used. This is so vintage and beautiful!

Diana said...

I love the vintage look. Thanks for sharing!

merideth said...

my sil really likes that vintage/victorian look - she'd love your banner!

Tulle and Torts said...

Pretty!

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful, I love the vintage look.

Kara said...

My sister-in-law is all about victorian design. I need to make her a card like this. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Very beautiful vintage look. The burgundy and white color contrast is divine!

Joe, Christina, & Rocky said...

SO beautiful! I love vintage for christmas!

Chelsea said...

I think finishing it with that velvet crinkle was genius! very pretty!

eyes2theocean said...

Very pretty tag.Love the ribbon you used as well. Ty. :)

Chelle said...

Beautiful wall hanging.

Kristen :-) said...

TFS! THis is too cute

Tracey S. said...

Great ideas!! Loving the vintage Christmas look!!

Diana said...

I've always love the victorian/vintage look. Beautiful.

bulpittzoo said...

love the rhinestones

Anonymous said...

I know just the person who would LOVE this project!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

These are adorable!Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful.

Athena said...

Love the vintage wall hanging. Great use of the cardboard.

Cheryl said...

pretty!

Audrey L. said...

Very nice work!

The Mangelson Family said...

Very vintage! I like it!

Mariam said...

Very beautiful. I love the vintage Christmas look.

Barbara Colbert said...

WOW!!! pretty nifty!!! What a vintage project!

mflott said...

So cute!

shelly at flottfamily dot com

Haylee said...

Look at all that detail!

Anonymous said...

Very vintage! Cute!

Debby said...

pretty, pretty pretty....the crinkled ribbon is the crowning touch.

catnap said...

Great idea - so many possibilities for embellishment.

Kathy Starline said...

Beautiful!

sarah said...

beautiful, my aunt would love this - totally her style. i might have to make something like this for her :)

Jennifer said...

I love the velvet ribbon it's accents the tag perfectly

Shirley said...

This is beautiful and I love the vintage look of it. Fantastic!

Leigh Hadlock said...

So cute! I love the vintage feel!

Stephanie said...

Very cute banner! Love the snowflake and the vintage image is darling!

bsymomof4 said...

So pretty!

Little Ol' Liz said...

Thank you for being a proud Military wife.

You could just about rhinestone anything and I'd follow you anywhere!

Gleenda said...

Vintage is the way to go. So pretty!

Stephanie Ann said...

I love the snowflake. VERY cute!

Eva said...

Oh...this is just gorgeous, love a vintage project any day!

Sherry said...

Great Projects. Thanks for the opportunity to win such awesome prizes.

Brenda said...

What a simply beautiful creation!

angie said...

i love vintage - that ribbonis gorgeous!

Deb said...

I love the snowflake! I'm a sucker for snowflakes!

Maria said...

I love the old fashioned look of your wall hanging..... very nice!

Julie said...

I love your victorian tag. I'm with you, My Minds Eye is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! A trio of those would look nice hanging on the fireplace!

CraftyGiveaways said...

looks great! i really like the ribbon you used

Nitasha said...

SuperCute...love the vintage feel!

N.Griffin

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very lovely. Thanks for sharing. I hope I have the stamina to make it through them all. Thanks for a chance at a lovely prize too!

1CardCreator said...

Would you believe I have that same Crafty Secret image on my desk right now! Now I have some awesome inspiration for it! What an exciting blog hop! Love all the inspiration! Gorgeous cards! ~Diane

Carrie! said...

Cardboard? I don't know I ever would thought to use cardboard for things:) Great idea....beautiful!

The Nicks Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!!!

Bethany

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful vintage look to this wallhanging. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

It turned out lovely.

bakscrap said...

So pretty. TFS

gale.sewell said...

I really like the vintage look, beautiful.

soifua said...

beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty project!! Love the vintage!

Kerry said...

The vintage tag is so pretty! I love the vintage look!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this shape before for a vintage tag. Unique idea!

The Curly Red Head's Doing This said...

Looks like something my grandma would have had in her house... really brings memories home...

McCoko said...

Your wall hanging is great!

Goldie said...

Love the vintage look. And, using cardboard gives me some ideas! Thanks.

Jonica said...

Cute idea. Love the velvet crinkle ribbon on it!

Axes DesigNs said...

Soooooooooo pretty I love vintage.. what a perfect idea!! Thanks

Photojunkie911 said...

I think the yellow crayon adds a bit of home to the project. Hugs!!

Kelly said...

I love the snowflake. So pretty!

Brenda Lee said...

Beautiful!! I love seeing more people using the vintage look.

Tammigirl said...

Just so great! Victorian & Christmas just go together.

Julie said...

Very nice. I really like the vintage look and don't use it enough. Thanks for inspiring me :)

angelnathalie said...

What a pretty tag. I love vintage creative projects. Great job.

Marge said...

This is just so beautiful, Terre! I love those sweet little scribbles -- what a great memory you can share with her when she's older -- too fun!

Nicki Lundeen said...

Really pretty...thanks for sharing. nlundeen at catt dot com

Michelle said...

Love the color combination and the vintage look.

grandmax2 said...

Very inspiring.

Margaret said...

How cute that your 2 & a half year old got it on the fun, too! Great project! -- Jean

Jill said...

I'm not a 100% vintage lover but this is a beautiful vintage project!

Jed and Kera said...

i love vintage things! great job!!

Joy said...

Oh what a beautiful wall hanging...love it !

Jenn Jantz said...

that looks great!!!

Nappy Miss Sew 'N Sew said...

Great project, I love the vintage feel.

Gaby said...

Great idea!

mylambboys said...

Very pretty...love the vintage tag!!!

poniesmom said...

not really my style but very beautiful.

robin said...

Just gorgeous ideas! Great hop!

akadianne said...

I love the name of your blog! It really is therapy! You are a very talented designer!

Luanne said...

The is so pretty! Very vintage. That ribbon is just gorgeous ~ TFS!

KM said...

Very nice ideas. Thank you to your husband for his service to our country and to you for supporting him! My son has been in the Marines for a year now, and I'm really learning more about the sacrifices made as well as the bond between military families!

The Country Rose said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful! Love all the details you put into it!

Carol L said...

Your vintage wall hanging is just lovely! The colors are beautiful and I love the old-fashioned photo along with that rich velvety ribbon!

Barillafab4.blogspot.com said...

love the vintage look of your banner! loving this blog hop too!

Peggy said...

How pretty!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for sharing.

hope said...

so pretty! i love that vintage image.

spelsue said...

the wall hanging is beautiful. I love that you used up ribbon and buttons from your stash. I tend to forget to grab from my stash.

Anonymous said...

I love the rhinestones!

KristyAnn said...

I love the snowflake. Great job.

Debbie said...

lovely hanging !~

Anonymous said...

pretty!

pickleandcupcake@gmail.com
http://pickleandcupcake.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

The snowflake with the rhinestones is the perfect touch. love.

Laura Read said...

I love the colors of this project.

Diana N. said...

Great eye catching combination of vintage and modern.

Kerren said...

What a fun hop!

Kerren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry@ a quilting blog said...

How pretty!!! Love the vintage look!! TFS

Unknown said...

its beautiful!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Gorgeous! I came in from the hop and am your newest follower.

Cyndi said...

Love the vintage look, very beautiful!

Lori said...

Very cute. I like the vintage look to it.

coolnana72 said...

Beautiful tag--I love the victorian look. TFS

A-NON-E-MOUSE said...

very cute project. i like it

Emily said...

Love the vintage tag

Cowchipper said...

the wall hanging is absolutly beautiful!

Mia said...

So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i love it!

ahayes said...

I am never brave enough to do anything vintage. Good for you!

kate said...

On the blog hop, thank you for sharing you tag, very vintage looking

Unknown said...

nice tag wall hanging, good work!

Catherine Kraft said...

Very pretty wall hanging. Love all the different elements you added.

Blessings,
Catherine
catherinesangels@yahoo.com

Angie said...

I love the vintage feel. The ribbon is a beautiful touch.

Mandy said...

that's so pretty!

Sharesa Larsen said...

Cute tag!

Amy C said...

This is lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!

Cortney said...

I love the snowflake!

tlnovak said...

Very pretty.

Denise Gaines said...

Love the vintage look!!!

CraftyPaperie said...

How original! haven't seen anything like it! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I really like all the textures you used. Sometimes I think that I make art to involve my sense of touch as much as my sense of sight.

Tanya said...

so pretty, so vintage-y!

notime2scrap said...

Beautiful project! TFS

Unknown said...

So creative! Thanks for sharing!!

Linh C. said...

Nice tag!

{VICKI} said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh
I love snowflakes

krafting kelly said...

Beautiful! That's got a lot of impact!

nanapayne said...

Lovely. I sure do like all these super ideas and things we are getting to look at.

Kelly and Nick said...

How creative!

Susie said...

Love, love love anything with snowflakes. Gorgeous.
Susie
susies@twcny.rr.com

Unknown said...

Your Victorian banner is simply lovely!
hugs,
Gini

Amy said...

So love that snowflake!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Gorgeous! I'm a total MME fan too and have 2 toddler boys that are always grabbing the crayons and helping when they can! : )

Wonderful work gf!!!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful wall hanging!!

juliem said...

Very pretty project.
Hendersonville

pam said...

Pretty sight! The velvet is such a pretty touch.

Jill said...

still having a blast with this hopping!! Thanks for sharing!

Prairie Scrapbooking said...

wonderful projects. thanks for sharing

Jamie W. said...

Cute tag, love the crinkly ribbon

CCC said...

Thank you for sharing this great Victorian project. I could easily see it as a pennent or Christmas cone for the holidays.

Vidette said...

Really pretty. Love the vintage theme.

Sarah said...

What a unique idea.

Astle Family said...

Love the vintage look. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! loving the vintage style!

Marilyn said...

Love the vintage tag!

Cheri said...

love vintage!

Heather Vincent said...

I love the vintage look! Beautiful!

Samantha said...

I like the vintage look!

Christensen Quandary said...

i love to see how creatively different everyone is! it is all so beautiful!! thank you!

Jamie S said...

What a lovely vintage decoration! I love the crinkled ribbon!

Ann Edwards said...

Beautiful vintage wall hanging! The sparkling snowflake is gorgeous.

Megan said...

Cute!!!

Joanie Harbor said...

such a neat idea!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing!

D-L said...

Cool project!

scrappergirl said...

Very pretty

JaneB said...

Very pretty, love the vintage feel. What a great blog hop, thanks for participating!!

Victoria Stacey said...

Those are really pretty and I love the image!!

Lindzie said...

cute snowflake!

Amber said...

Love the snowflake!

Krissynae said...

Love the colors used..Great ideas

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Gorgeous wall hanging! That ribbon is beautiful!

Vicki said...

Love the way you decorated the snowflake, very pretty and love that ribbon you used.

Kim said...

So pretty!! Love the vintage feel to it!

Miss Bear said...

I'm loving vintage right now. What a great project!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

All of the vintage type elements make for a perfect holiday ornament!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

The velvet ribbon is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

love the vintage look

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 500   Newer› Newest»